1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT salary

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by teacherandmum, May 13, 2011.

1. you'll go up the pay scale as normal i would expect

2. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

i.e. if you are currently on M1 you will go up to M2 on the scale. The value of each scale point however will not increase - i.e. next year's M2 is this same as this year's M2.
    See tafkam's pay calc at tesfaq
    http://sites.google.com/site/tesfaqs/pay

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Do you mean that you are completing Induction before the end of the school year?
    You do not get a pay rise by virtue of passing Induction.
    Pay Progression happens if you are employed by the school/LA (not a private agency) and you are employed as a teacher (p/t or f/t) in at least 26 separate calendar weeks of the school year between 1st Sept and 31st August.
    If on a contract, where you are employed and paid throughout holiday periods, you can count weeks when you were exclusively on holidfay or on sick leave.
    If paid on supply daily rate by the LA, you only count weeks when you did some work.
    Pay Progression then happens in the following school year for any teaching that your do for the LA from 1st September.
    M2 from 1st Sept 2011 will be the same figure as M2 from 1st Sept 2010, because of the pay freeze, just as M1 and all other pay points will generate the same salary. The pay freeze means that there's no Cost of Living increase to each level of the pay spine but you can still move up the scale.