1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT references for job application

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by smkhan04, Mar 16, 2016.

1. smkhan04

smkhan04 New commenter

Hello,

I am just finishing my three year BA Primary teaching course and starting to apply for NQT jobs. In terms of references I will be using my university tutor for one and my last placement for the other. However, my previous class teacher and school based mentor no longer works there and lives abroad so can only be contacted by email. When I emailed her personal email she said that it was fine to put her down as a reference but I wanted to know if schools penalise you if you do not put the head teacher down as the first pint of contact. I did contact the head teacher of the school and she said that the class teacher that worked alongside me no longer works there and therefore they could not write a reference. I did ask them if it was still possible to put them down and if they are contacted to pass on my class teachers email that I provided but they still were not wiling to do this. I contacted my other placement and had the same issue. in summary I have the email of my previous class teacher is it ok as a reference?

Any advice will be appreciated!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Already posted on another forum.