1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT reference advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rugby_gal06, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Hi, I am in the same position as you. I have been putting my supply agency as my final placement as my two referees as these are the most recent and included details of my university referee in the covering letter as I know supply references can be vague. As you have been in the same school for quite a while, maybe talk to the head teacher and see if she can write you a reference of some kind and maybe observe you teaching asap!
    Hope this helps.

2. Why don't you ask any Headteachers who have asked you back into their schools as a supply teacher if they would be be willing to be put down to give a supporting statement if you don't think they have seen you enough (observations lacking) to give you a full reference?
    I would also get in touch with your final placement school and ask if they would pass on a letter, or email from you to the teacher requesting her to give you a reference, as they would probably be relcutant to give her contact details to you direct.
    Good luck!

3. fj3

fj3

Thanks for your help some great advice, good luck if your job hunting too!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Definitely put the HT where you have been working part time. They may not have 'observed' you, but will have a good idea of what goes on in your classroom.

Also put down your final placement school. Your mentor might be on maternity cover, but you would put the HT down anyway and they will talk to your mentor or look in your file or even remember you!

Best of Luck.