1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT question

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by JustAnotherNQT, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Hi,
    apologies for creating a new user name but I need to remain anonymous with this question.
    I am an NQT and teach KS5 only (at a mainstream secondary school). I have never really taught KS3 or 4, apart from very little experience during my training placement. I have now been informed that I need more experience teaching KS3 and 4 before I can pass my induction period. This is the first time I heard about this and I was wondering if anyone else could confirm the rules to me.
    Thanks, JustAnotherNQT

2. Hi,
    apologies for creating a new user name but I need to remain anonymous with this question.
    I am an NQT and teach KS5 only (at a mainstream secondary school). I have never really taught KS3 or 4, apart from very little experience during my training placement. I have now been informed that I need more experience teaching KS3 and 4 before I can pass my induction period. This is the first time I heard about this and I was wondering if anyone else could confirm the rules to me.
    Thanks, JustAnotherNQT

3. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

It sounds like they're following section 2.10 of the induction guidelines - Teachers in sixth form colleges/FE are expected to complete 10 (+15) days of teaching compulsory age school children.

4. Thanks Captain Obvious, this clarifies things.
    I hope I will not be JustAnotherNQT for much longer!