1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Prep

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by sophiehistory, Aug 31, 2011.

1. <h1>Hello</h1><h1>I am a supply teacher looking for an NQT primary position asap. Whilst I am doing this what things could I be doing to help me pass the NQT standards, or be ready for the NQT year in terms of planning, or indeed find an NQT job? Any advice appreciated! Thanks. </h1>

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Aah,finally found a way to understand what you've posted- by pressing repy and hey presto,it's normal!
    Generally there will be no jobs advertised until Nov now, except maternity leave or sudden long-term sickness.
    Have a quick look at previous posts but there may not be much you can do to prepare other than 'be prepared for the unexpected'.
    Best of luck!

3. Tar very much!

4. Thanks so much for your resource. It will be very useful to dip into and may impress at interview to show that I already have evidence for some standards.
    I imagine Flyingblocksofwood, that it was a most stressful year for you to complete NQT year whilst as a supply teacher. You must have done this through a long term position? I could do this?
    All the best,