1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT pool questions

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by bexibb, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I was wondering if anybody would be able to give me some advice on NQT pool interviews. I have been short listed for a interview for the Sheffield pool next week, I know it is a little bit late but was wondering if anybody could help me with what types of questions they might ask. I have been looking on the internet for advice but alot of it is to do with interviews at schools rather than a pool and the more I read, the more nervous about it I feel!!
    Any advice would be greatfully appreciated!
    Thank you
    :)

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for the interview!
    Have you looked at the interview clickables inside theWelcome thread? There are loads of tips in general, plus possible interview questions. Pool inteviews will be very similar to other teaching interviews, with the obvious difference that they won't ask you about a specific pool.
    The tips clickable is really useful for preparing sensibly, so that you feel confident.
    Best of luck!
    (And there's a tradition on here that when you get a job, you start a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!. And then you get a Sparkly Star.)
    I'm polishing up that star already . . .
    I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars and Weekend Workshops over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews.
    The next Weekend Workshop on applications is on Sunday 23rd January. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details on all of these.
    Look forward to seeing you!