1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT pay

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by MEG25, Jul 12, 2011.

1. MEG25

MEG25 New commenter

Hi everyone, I am an NQT and will have just completed my NQT year. I am being kept on at the school I am at now but I am confused about how I will be paid.
    I am currently on main scale 1. Will this stay the same from September or will i move up to pay scale 2? I know the public sector also have a pay freeze so would this be the reason for me staying at scale point 1 if so?

2. MEG25

MEG25 New commenter

Hi everyone, I am an NQT and will have just completed my NQT year. I am being kept on at the school I am at now but I am confused about how I will be paid.
    I am currently on main scale 1. Will this stay the same from September or will i move up to pay scale 2? I know the public sector also have a pay freeze so would this be the reason for me staying at scale point 1 if so?

3. Provided you have worked in 26 separate weeks across the year then you will move up to M2. The pay freeze is about the annual percentage increas to the scale, it is not a freeze on moving up the scale.

If you are told otherwise, then do challenge (in a polite way) this. Sometimes schools outsource their human resources functions and mistakes canb happen.

James