1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Pay Question

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by mysterycat, Nov 24, 2010.

1. mysterycat

mysterycat New commenter

I began my NQT Induction last January and will complete this at Christmas. I received an annual pay rise in September but this was across the whole school.
    Should I move on to my next pay increment in January

2. mysterycat

mysterycat New commenter

I began my NQT Induction last January and will complete this at Christmas. I received an annual pay rise in September but this was across the whole school.
    Should I move on to my next pay increment in January

3. Moving up the pay scale happens in September

4. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

To elaborate on PFF's post:

Moving up the payscale is not related to completing induction. If you have been working for 26 consecutive weeks in th eprevious academic year, you are eligible to move to the next point of the payscale in September. This should happen automatically, but if you haven't completey a cycle of performance management (which you should as an NQT) it may have slipped through the net.

5. mysterycat

mysterycat New commenter

Thanks for that information Just to clarify - I received a cost of living pay rise in September which was awarded to all staff. I did not receive a pay increment!

6. You should be given a statement in the Autumn term which states which point you are on the pay scale and what that looks like as a salary. This it then signed and returned to the HT. This it the time when you can check and see if your pay has been moved on as it should.
    Assuming you aren't on any london weighting your pay should be £1361.95 per month

7. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I suspect that our Head is one of a significant minority who think that NQTs can only move up the payscale after completing Induction.
    Union and LA should be consulted to support you in getting transferred to the next pay point in THIS school year, with backdating to Ist September.

8. mysterycat

mysterycat New commenter

Thanks pinkflipflop that's brilliant. I never had anything like that. I have a London fringe weghting.

9. In that case you should be £1411.43