1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Part Time Position (0.4-0.5)

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by GTP_NQT, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hi I am due to complete my GTP Primary in July 2012 and due to having a young family I am looking for a part time NQT role (0.4-0.5). I have heard that these positions are rare, can anyone offer any advice about where the best place to seek out these positions is?
    Thank you for your help.

2. Hi I am due to complete my GTP Primary in July 2012 and due to having a young family I am looking for a part time NQT role (0.4-0.5). I have heard that these positions are rare, can anyone offer any advice about where the best place to seek out these positions is?
    Thank you for your help.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The majority of part time teaching jobs are negotiated by teachers already in school. It is easier to put a convincing argument when the Head knows you can deliver. Part time NQT posts are of course possible it does mean that induction is extended and pro rata arrangements have to be made for release time, training etc.In my experience they are more common in secondary schools where the timetable is flexible.

4. It really is a matter of contacting schools directly with your availability and CV; looking at the Local Authority website where jobs are often advertised as well as the local press who often carry adverts for part-time prior to schools spending larger sums for national advertising.
    The Sage