1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT part time employed...Supply Limit?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by 93miked, Sep 10, 2011.

1. I have just started my first job in a school covering ppa time in the afternoons just teaching PE and PSHE in the afternoons on a 0.36 fte contract and so far so good!
    My question is can I supply in the mornings in other schools without it effecting my 16 month supply quota? I know I can supply in the school I'm employed in without it effecting it but is this true of working at other local schools?

Any help greatly appreciated as I would like to do as much extra as possible for the experience...and the £££'s!

2. I have just started my first job in a school covering ppa time in the afternoons just teaching PE and PSHE in the afternoons on a 0.36 fte contract and so far so good!
    My question is can I supply in the mornings in other schools without it effecting my 16 month supply quota? I know I can supply in the school I'm employed in without it effecting it but is this true of working at other local schools?

Any help greatly appreciated as I would like to do as much extra as possible for the experience...and the £££'s!

3. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

The 16 month clock starts ticking the first time you do supply.
    There is no "quota". There's a rock hard elapsed time limit.

4. Thanks for the help guys, contacted the NQT tutor at the LEA and he has informed similar, it seems that my part time contract also counts towards the 16 month limit. Hopefully something full time will appear soon! Until then I'll enjoy teaching the PE and get as much extra supply cash in as I can!