1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT on supply

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by 2JGO, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am an NQT who is doing a maternity cover which is not going that well. At our first proper meeting my mentor suggested I was not going to meet my targets and asked whether i wanted to complete my NQT there or just do the supply work. Since looking into this I think I am right in saying that if I am there more than a term, which i will be, they must undertake part of my induction. As I am covering for a teacher I am not getting an NQT timetable. Overall I am finding this quite difficult. Any advice gratefully received.

2. Hi
    I am an NQT who is doing a maternity cover which is not going that well. At our first proper meeting my mentor suggested I was not going to meet my targets and asked whether i wanted to complete my NQT there or just do the supply work. Since looking into this I think I am right in saying that if I am there more than a term, which i will be, they must undertake part of my induction. As I am covering for a teacher I am not getting an NQT timetable. Overall I am finding this quite difficult. Any advice gratefully received.

3. If you are there for more than a term then they must support you as an NQT. This means registering you for induction, providing you with a mentor, and giving you an additional 10% off timetable for NQT time.

4. Thank you, I couldn't find my original post!