1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT on part time contract until Dec

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by sweetie666, Aug 6, 2011.

1. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hi all
    I have completed my PGCE after many years of training in the early years and working as a TA for 2 years. I have also managed to secure a part time 0.6 contract at my final placement school from my PGCE to cover maternity. I have also been informed that I might be able to do a full time maternity cover from Jan for 1 year too,which is great news.
    My questions are:
    how long will it take me to complete my NQT year if I am part time (0.6) until dec then full time for a year? can I complete it within the term and 1 year maternity cover?
    What happens come Sep with pay, would I move up to M2

2. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hi all
    I have completed my PGCE after many years of training in the early years and working as a TA for 2 years. I have also managed to secure a part time 0.6 contract at my final placement school from my PGCE to cover maternity. I have also been informed that I might be able to do a full time maternity cover from Jan for 1 year too,which is great news.
    My questions are:
    how long will it take me to complete my NQT year if I am part time (0.6) until dec then full time for a year? can I complete it within the term and 1 year maternity cover?
    What happens come Sep with pay, would I move up to M2

3. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

In Sept you would move up to M2 regardless of status as an NQT. Your NQT terms must be a complete term in length so you would stop being an NQT in Dec of 2012 (effectively you would still 'owe' 0.4 of a full term by the end of academic year in Aug 2012)