1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT New to reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sa223, Aug 9, 2011.

1. sa223

sa223 New commenter

Hello
    I am due to start my NQT year in September in a reception class. I completed the general primary PGCE and have no experience of working in the EYFS. I have been reading the EYFS Profile Handbook in order to try and get to grips with things.
    I would be grateful if anyone could offer me any tips on what I should be doing to prepare for the post. I feel like I should be preparing things for September but I have no idea what to do!

2. sa223

sa223 New commenter

Hello
    I am due to start my NQT year in September in a reception class. I completed the general primary PGCE and have no experience of working in the EYFS. I have been reading the EYFS Profile Handbook in order to try and get to grips with things.
    I would be grateful if anyone could offer me any tips on what I should be doing to prepare for the post. I feel like I should be preparing things for September but I have no idea what to do!

3. hurny

hurny New commenter

Are you getting support and advice from the school? What form entry are you? Your colleagues and FS leader will be the best people to offer you help.
    If you read posts on here you will find lots of good advice. You will need to look at the EYFS curriculum as well.