1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT marking As work- need summary comments

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by muffinmops, May 1, 2011.

1. muffinmops

muffinmops New commenter

As an NQT I have been teaching one element of an AS unit (there are 4 elements in total) this year.

I have marked the work periodically througout the year. Now I have to mark it for the last time with a summary comment , which the whoole department staff will use as a guide towards an overall grade.

Can anyone suggest what sort of summary comments I should use??

2. muffinmops

muffinmops New commenter

As an NQT I have been teaching one element of an AS unit (there are 4 elements in total) this year.

I have marked the work periodically througout the year. Now I have to mark it for the last time with a summary comment , which the whoole department staff will use as a guide towards an overall grade.

Can anyone suggest what sort of summary comments I should use??

3. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

Do what everybody else does! Generally your comments should be referenced to the Mark scheme and justify the mark or grade you're awarding, but it will depend on what is asked for by the board and what's normal practice in your department.

4. muffinmops

muffinmops New commenter

Yes thanks. The thought of it was more daunting than actually doing it. Im on a roll now, its going ok.