Hi I'm coming toward the end of my NQT year. It's been tough and the school know there've been times I've wanted to quit. I always knew that I'd do my NQT then rethink and my wife and I have decided to take our chances abroad. There's a good chance that I'll still use my quals which is why I decided to finish the year. However, money has become a bit of an issue and we might not be able to go as planned in August - we're waiting for a few thousand to come through, which could be any time but is later than we though. If we can't go, I'll still need a job here. So I have the dilemma of whether to quit now and allow the school to take someone on from September, or do one more term and finish at Christmas. Here's my thinking: 1. If I'm still employed in September, I qualify for the £5000 Golden Hello. 2. But it delays our trip so that even if we wanted to, we couldn't go in summer. Wife is desperate to leave and I've had a tough year, hanging on leaving in July. 3. Leaving at Christmas feels quite ******, my tutor group would get someone new and all my classes would have to change teachers. 4. The school wouldn't get the pick of new staff like that would during this summer term. 5. Taking £5000 then running also seems a bit **** of me. 6. The school have been really, really good to me on the whole. So, I don't know what to do. Is it really bad of me to use them until Christmas to take the £5000?