1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT jobs in Devon - are they out there?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by cupcakesrutherford, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hello

I'm going to be finishing my NQT in March, so plan to apply for Primary NQT jobs to start asap - April time I'm hoping.

But I've heard a lot of negative things about there not being many NQT jobs in Devon - so I'm kind of looking to everyone here to reassure me a bit... [​IMG] ?

thanks
    Hayley

2. Hello

I'm going to be finishing my NQT in March, so plan to apply for Primary NQT jobs to start asap - April time I'm hoping.

But I've heard a lot of negative things about there not being many NQT jobs in Devon - so I'm kind of looking to everyone here to reassure me a bit... [​IMG] ?

thanks
    Hayley

3. There aren't many jobs in Devon. But there are some. In my experience, you need to apply early, make sure your personal statement/letter of application is in tip-top shape, and visit the school you are applying to if you are able to. A lot of the time, it just depends on how lucky you are (i.e. if you are already working in a school and a vacancy comes up). Be prepared to be knocked back. Most of us have several interviews before securing a post. Good luck!

4. Thank you both for your help. I'm expecting it not to be so easy, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have some luck at some stage!