1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT - Job Application

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ExplorePrimary, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExplorePrimary

ExplorePrimary New commenter

Hi,
    I'm applying for a job as an NQT and feeling rather daunted by the application form with a big blank box! I've written a draft as well as I can with the sections Current and Past Experience, Other Educational Experiences and Hobbies, but the hobbies section feels a bit like I'm writing a dating profile... I like long walks to the fridge etc ;)
    Do I need to include this? Uni have mentioned it but it feels a bit informal and deflating compared to the rest of my application. I've tried to relate it to my career too.

So does anyone have any recommendations of sections? And should I include hobbies?!

Thanks in advance

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there Hannah!

You and other soon-to-be-NQTs should be looking at all the advice on the Professional Advice Hub on JobSeekers.

Here are some examples

Get ready for the application season!

NQTs start here!

Come over to the Jobseekers forum with any questions.

Best wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.