1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT interviewing at an independent school

Discussion in 'Independent' started by supplydog, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I was in a similar position to you last week - all my experience in comps and PRU's (largely on supply), with an independent interview. Got the job!!! My advice to you would not to become too obsessed with the whole state/independent thing, go in and just be yourself and teach as yourself. I cant really advise on the whole A' level thing (my school is a prep school), but just do your research on the school and show that your keen to contribute.
    Good luck

2. There is no difference between the two sectors. An excellent lesson in one is the same in the other.

Get the pupils working hard for themselves but get them to feed back into short group discussion / debate before moving on to the next task.

I am more interested in ensuring there is a good pace to the lesson and that even the most able have been challenged.