1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT interview question

Discussion in 'Primary' started by edmundthomas, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Just wondering if anyone here who attended a Primary teaching post interview had to assess children's work and determine levels and/or teach a lesson.I'd be grateful for any advice.
    Cheers

2. Just wondering if anyone here who attended a Primary teaching post interview had to assess children's work and determine levels and/or teach a lesson.I'd be grateful for any advice.
    Cheers

3. I didn't have to level work but did have to teach a lesson. In terms of advice, I'd say find out exactly what they expect you to teach topic wise, and rough levels of the children. Also find out what they expect you to plan and what they expect you to actually deliver. I had to plan a whole lesson but only teach the main teaching part, not do the independent activities. Then once you've planned it, get a teacher you know to look at your plan who has experience of teaching the year group you will be teaching it to.

Hope that helps