1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT induction

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by misse2020, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied to the fab advice on my last post yet.
    If I leave my current post (as teacher I'm covering maternity for will come back mid way through term), and I don't get another post straight away, what does this mean? Do I have a time limit to complete my induction?
    It will mean I have completed just 1 term of induction (passed it).
    Can I supply for a bit and get my head together, or is that a ticking bomb for passing my induction?
    I have also just been accepted to teach a leisure learning course in a subject I am passionate about :)
    I'm confused - sorry!

2. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

No.

Yes.

There's no ticking clock on induction. The ticking clock is on non-induction

Under the current rules, that clock starts ticking the moment you do your first bit of non-induction teaching. From then on you have 16 months where you can work non-induction supply. Then (unless you get the 1 year extension), you cannot do any more teaching in a non-induction capacity.

3. Thanks Paul.

So if I do this leisure learning job, does that mean that will count as my non-induction teaching time?

Do I have to pass my induction still if I want to teach adults?

Just so worried I won't get another job as easily as I did before

4. Thank you so much for all your help [​IMG]

So basically, I can teach/tutor and lecture in the post 16 sector forever and not have to complete induction. This makes me very happy. Amazingly, I have found this is what I love teaching the most [​IMG]
    I will still apply for posts to finish my induction year after this maternity contract is over (just because it'd be good to have), but at least I know it isn't the be all and end all to me.
    I didn't do any luckily [​IMG]