1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

nqt induction year

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rangkow, May 5, 2011.

1. I completed my qts in 2003 and was unable to do my induction year but worked as a supply teacher for a few years. I am now being offered a job as a teacher in an academy in the sen department. Can I take up the post?

2. I completed my qts in 2003 and was unable to do my induction year but worked as a supply teacher for a few years. I am now being offered a job as a teacher in an academy in the sen department. Can I take up the post?

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Are they offering you to complete induction?

4. You can take uup the post and they shpould register you as a NQT on induction and provide you with a mentor and NQT time. The NQT time and the PPA time should come to a 19% reduction in your teaching timetable.
    As you qualified in 2003 they may think that you have completed induction, so if you have not told them ytou need to do that and ensure that they register you for induction.
    James