1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT induction tutors

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Sparky1985, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Yes- you need to see your HT to request one.
    Im Induction Tutor in my school and my NQT gets one obs per half term, one short scheduled meeting a week to just have an update etc (30min), a half termly review meeting and we meet regularly unscheduled to catch up, look at planning and data etc.
    Sounds like you are getting a raw deal.

2. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

You should have a training manager too - can you talk to them about your issues? They could also observe/mentor you if necessary. The difficulty with your situation may be exacerbated further if your mentor is in the same department as you. Ensure that you take notes of every meeting you have with her. When you go to see your HT/Training manager with your request, take with you details of the one observation and one report and also copies from the TDA website on what you should be provided with as an NQT. If necessary, talk to your union rep at school too and ask them to support you in the meeting.

3. All the above is good advice but do also think about WHY she said that. Did you speak inappropriately to her? Did you say something you shouldn't have?
    Only you can answer these questions. I have been the victim of a bullying colleague so know how horrible that can be but do make sure you are doing the right thing too.