1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by slf101, Mar 22, 2011.

  1. I am an English and American Literature Graduate (2:1) looking to teach secondary level in America, I have applied for PGCE starting in Sept of this year. I've always wanted to teach in America which is one of the main reasons why I chose the American Literature emphasis on my degree, I really just want any advice and information on how a NQT can find employment in America.
    Thanks so much!
  2. You usually need at least 3 years of experience to apply for a visa to teach in the United States.
    However, I think this program makes an exception:


  3. cityfree

    cityfree New commenter

    Sorry to bring bad news, but VIF request three years. Go private with a minimum of two years and that is your option. Have you thought of doing your teacher training in the US? It might be an option, but could impact you further down the line.

Share This Page