1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT first week lessons?? Year 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lauraodriscoll, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I am starting my NQT year in Year 4. Our first day is an INSET and the rest of the week is non-curricular activities. Any suggestions on quality activities I could do. I am thinking of doing some ice-breaker/get to know you games and some English writing and Maths to get an idea of where they are at. Any ideas would be great!

2. I am starting my NQT year in Year 4. Our first day is an INSET and the rest of the week is non-curricular activities. Any suggestions on quality activities I could do. I am thinking of doing some ice-breaker/get to know you games and some English writing and Maths to get an idea of where they are at. Any ideas would be great!

3. Perhaps think about your topic and get them to do some fabulous art work to display . . show them you value their work straight away? Even self portraits? Or choose a fabulous picture book to base your Literacy assessment on (do some great descriptive pieces etc) and then get them to do work for a display. Eg/ Leon and place inbetween.

4. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

and
    Aren't all those ideas curricular as opposed to non-curricular? If so, why not just start as you mean to go on?