1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT - First week back; ideas for a year 1 class

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sunithaff, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Hi! I'll be starting as an NQT teaching Year One. I've been told the curriculum needs to make use of the outdoor area and needs to settle in the children well. Any ideas for planning and activities for the first day/week would be much appreciated.

2. Hi! I'll be starting as an NQT teaching Year One. I've been told the curriculum needs to make use of the outdoor area and needs to settle in the children well. Any ideas for planning and activities for the first day/week would be much appreciated.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

What were you thinking of doing? You must have some ideas by now.
    Look at the EL goals, see what each child has achieved and then plan your lessons.

4. Hi, this is my other account. Thanks I'll have a look at them. I've looked at the frameworks and thought about starting off with activities similar to Reception just to settle them in and see what their reading writing and numeracy abilities are, but nothing concrete as my school hasnt given me much information on what topics I'm supposed to start off with.