1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT - First Term Help!!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by MKShhh, Sep 3, 2011.

1. hi everyone, I'm an nqt teacher starting next week! I just needed a little help! I have been given a whole term to teach whatever skills I would like in preparation for UNIT 2 (Exploration of a complete playtext). Does anyone have any suggestions of what they think is good to do which would help the students ready for the second term or what they are planning to do with Year 10 GCSE group? Any help would be great!

2. hi everyone, I'm an nqt teacher starting next week! I just needed a little help! I have been given a whole term to teach whatever skills I would like in preparation for UNIT 2 (Exploration of a complete playtext). Does anyone have any suggestions of what they think is good to do which would help the students ready for the second term or what they are planning to do with Year 10 GCSE group? Any help would be great!

3. Hmm, I'm not sure you're being very well looked after. As an NQT you shouldn't really be given a whole term to teach what you like in preparation for the controlled assessment, you should be given a scheme of work and lots of guidance on how to deliver it!
    That said, resources4drama knows what he's talking about and his suggestion looks good.

4. Please let my wife know this.

5. teacha

teacha Occasional commenter

I remember when I was an NQT I was the only Drama teacher in the school, so was thrown in at the deep end. Are you a one person department? If so, there will be plenty of help here and on Drama UK, if not, your Head of Department should be guiding and advising you (although we will all still help you, of course!)

6. Hang on - I've just re-read the OP.
    You're not intending to do Unit 2 in Term 2 of Year 10 are you?