1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT first observation in phonics

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by bananatree84, Nov 23, 2016.

1. bananatree84

bananatree84 Occasional commenter

Hello. I have been in post for a couple of weeks and am having an observation in phonics. I have never been observed in EYFS before and unsure what to really expect. I have always planned my lessons around my learning objectives before, but with phonics my objective is for the children to get better at blending and writing the sounds. I would normally have a lesson where there are a selection of blending and writing activities and check their progress, using more tricky words and sounds for more able children, giving specific feedback on their writing and getting them to have another go etc. Will I be able to show enough progress?

2. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Yes, this should be fine-your objectives are for the children to learn this, as presumably is in your SOW-remember to observe others too to get more ideas.