1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT - First Interview in 2 days time! Help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by littlemisssunshine2011, May 6, 2012.

1. littlemisssunshine2011

littlemisssunshine2011 New commenter

Hi :)

I have my first interview in 2 days time for a NQT post. I was just wondering what sort of questions they might ask as I've not had any experience for an interview yet and I'm sort of panicking!

Thanks in advance x

2. littlemisssunshine2011

Hi :)

I have my first interview in 2 days time for a NQT post. I was just wondering what sort of questions they might ask as I've not had any experience for an interview yet and I'm sort of panicking!

Thanks in advance x

3. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Have you looked at the interview tips thread in the welcome section at the top of the forum?
    I would expect them to ask the Why you question (which can be phrased an infinite number of ways) and the thread I mentioned has excellent advice on key points for this.
    What is relevant in your subject/stage? What about safeguarding (do a search for this on the forum and you'll get some ideas)?
    Curriculum development? AFL?
    Don't panic! You will know all the buzz words and be up to date with the policies and what not.
    Good luck x

4. Hi, congratulations on the interview!
    I don't know if it's primary or secondary but I would say that some areas which you're likely to be asked about are personal strengths and weaknesses, planning, assessment for learning, behaviour management, working with other adults, inclusion and how you would get involved in the wider life of the school. Don't panic just think of the main things that you want the school to know about you and how you can put them across in the best possible way. [​IMG]
    Good luck for Tuesday!

5. littlemisssunshine2011

Thanks for the replies and for the advice! :)

It's for primary school - KS1! I guess I just need to go over some questions tomorrow and try and prepare some answers.

x

6. littlemisssunshine2011

I've just tried looking for this thread but I can't find it in the Welcome section of the forum...I may be being slightly blind here but where is it please? :)

7. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

When you open the welcome and FAQ thread there is a link to the Interview Tips and Possible Interview Questions threads. It is in grey - just click on it.