1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT final assessment report

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by bumpy1234, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm an NQT and have one week left until the end of the school term. I'm concerned because my mentor hasn't completed my final assessment report and when I have asked I'm told she will do it soon. I have passed all my observations and nothing has been said to me about not meeting standards. I know I have passed the year, but until the final assessment isn't completed my mind won't be at rest. Is there a certain date by which the final NQT assesment forms have to be in by? I'm concerned it's being left far too late.

Thanks

2. The head has a responsibility to inform the LA within 10 days of a NQT finishing induction what their recommendation is (in your case they cannot now recommend a fail if nothing has been said up to this point and all the observations are at least satisfactory). Many LAs set a date for schools to return assessment reports, if you contact the LA NQT adviser and ask, they will tell you if there is a set date then you can let the mentor know and just slip into the conversation about the heads legal responsibility to get the forms in and how it would be a good idea to ensure that the head is not put into an awkward position by failing to meet the deadline. James