1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Evidence nightmare!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by cj2300, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cj2300

cj2300 New commenter

Hi all,
    I am currently about 18 days away from completing my nqt.
    Mine is a complicated story but basically I am applying to have some of my nqt commuted because my job (maternity cover) comes to an end at Easter. I have done my nqt part time over 18 months now and also work at a PRU for the rest of the week although this is not allowed to count towards my induction.
    Anyway my question relates to my evidence. I have been keeping my evidence in a file where everything is separated into categories such as inset, dept meetings, CPD, contact with parents, lesson plans etc etc.
    Today I was told I need to have individual evidence for each of the standards and have it all annotated.
    I was under the impression that this level of detail was not needed for NQT, what they are asking me to do sounds just like PGCE files.
    With so few days left and working 2 jobs I am not sure I will have the time to get all of this done, any thoughts?

Caroline

2. cj2300

cj2300 New commenter

Hi all,
    I am currently about 18 days away from completing my nqt.
    Mine is a complicated story but basically I am applying to have some of my nqt commuted because my job (maternity cover) comes to an end at Easter. I have done my nqt part time over 18 months now and also work at a PRU for the rest of the week although this is not allowed to count towards my induction.
    Anyway my question relates to my evidence. I have been keeping my evidence in a file where everything is separated into categories such as inset, dept meetings, CPD, contact with parents, lesson plans etc etc.
    Today I was told I need to have individual evidence for each of the standards and have it all annotated.
    I was under the impression that this level of detail was not needed for NQT, what they are asking me to do sounds just like PGCE files.
    With so few days left and working 2 jobs I am not sure I will have the time to get all of this done, any thoughts?

Caroline

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Thet TDA don't require it, its purely down to your school. They shouldn't have left it to the last minute to advise you of this.
    I've put 1 per page core standards on TES resources, so you could rearrange you paper into these if that helps? x

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The guidance specifically states that evidence should be based upon day to day practice and the record of evidence you provide is based upon objectives set by your development plan and discussions with your mentor. These objectives are captured in the review meetings and usually recorded on the termly assessments.The termly assessments themselves should have identified your progress towards Core standards and identified the specific standards being achieved and still to be met.

5. cj2300

cj2300 New commenter

Thanks for the responses guys, I raised this as a query with my mentor yesterday who told me I needed a file completed in a similar way to the file she has just used to pass her AST :-(
    Seriously what a total waste of time, where evidence is duplicated why on earth do you need a copy for each standard. Surely commen sense is a folder with all the things in it and a list of what supports which standard??
    Anyway they are arranging to borrow a "good" folder for me to look at. I want to scream, I only have 18 wretched days left when am I going to get it done!!

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

7. cj2300

cj2300 New commenter

Yes please examples of evidence would be great!
    my email is cj2300 at talk21 . com
    much appreciated! x