1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT early years advice needed

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Bella82, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hi all
    I am an NQT trained in primary 5-11 and now have 3 reception interviews next week. One of which I have already been observed for and went really well. I have done a lot of supply teacher reception work which I have really enjoyed so I have some experience, however I need to know more about the theoretical side of the EYFS.

Can anyone suggest any websites and books which would cover a lot of this information (about behaviour management, assessment, teaching and learning strategies in the foundation stage).

Thanks in advance!

2. Hi all
    I am an NQT trained in primary 5-11 and now have 3 reception interviews next week. One of which I have already been observed for and went really well. I have done a lot of supply teacher reception work which I have really enjoyed so I have some experience, however I need to know more about the theoretical side of the EYFS.

Can anyone suggest any websites and books which would cover a lot of this information (about behaviour management, assessment, teaching and learning strategies in the foundation stage).

Thanks in advance!

3. zippygeorgeandben

zippygeorgeandben New commenter

Hi,
    Good to hear the observation went well.
    www.birthtofive.org.uk is a good starting place for all things EYFS based.
    In your interviews you could talk about how recommendations regarding the EYFS mean that probably in 2012/13 you will be working from a slimmed down version of the EYFS (Dame Claire Tickell did the review I think???).
    I always think it sounds good talking about the education system as it means that you are aware of what is going on and how you will be directly affected. It will also show that you intend to stay in the position for a couple of years at least.

4. Thanks a lot zippygeorgeandben, I'll have a look at the site and read up on the new developments.