1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT doing 1-2-1 tutoring

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by triciaoram, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have been approached by another member of staff at my school to do some private physics tutoring with an ex-student (studying A Levels at a different school). I was just after some advice on what to expect and what kind of activities I could do with this student.

She is from an indian family and her ambition is to become a doctor so she has high aspirations and a lot of pressure from her family to do well in her exams.
    I am an NQT specailising in Physics and have taught a little bit of A Level physics on my placements.
    Thanks
    Trish

2. PARTALOA

PARTALOA New commenter

I teach MFL as private tuition. I had a look at the AQA and EDXCEL websites. If you know what exam board the school is using, even better! On the websites you can access the specification for all subjects at all levels. You can also have a look at past papers. It might give you an idea what has been covered in past exams for Physics. Hope this helps.

Regards