1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Courses, anyone else feel guilty?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by hltasherry, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have been given dates today for the CPD courses I have asked for. Now feel guilty about leaving my class so soon in the term! I know they are important for my development but hate to hand over the reigns so often. [​IMG]

2. Guilty?! I'll go on them for you. We don't have CPD courses any more and I miss them so much, Was such a relief to get out of school for the day and talk to adults about things and develop new ideas and inspiration. I miss the days when the free lunch was absolutely amazing too!

3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

I echo PFF. I was down for a CPD course last year and then told I couldn't go due to lack of funds. We have to make do with staff meetings instead, which isn't the same. It's great to meet other people and see a different perspective on things.
    Your class won't mind, much, either. Most classes enjoy a different face to look at occasionally!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm not in school tomorrow, day three for the children. I told them today and they were really sad about it. Then I told them who they would have instead and they cheered and were thrilled. The only reason I'm not happy is because they aren't yet fully versed in what I want and a day out will mean they might forget my standards and requirements! Control freak is me!

Don't feel guilty...going will make you a better teacher when you get back!

5. I felt guilty for having PPA and NQT time this week! I'm sure in another few weeks we'll be clawing at the door at the first chance of a course of afternoon off.

6. I have to admit I really enjoyed my NQT time today and got loads of work done. I feel better about missing a whole day next week now!