1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT contract

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by 861, Feb 19, 2012.

1. 861

Hi, I am on a 12 month contract at my school. I have been told that the school will tell me whether they are going to renew my contract or not in the next few weeks. I'm not sure whether they will or will not renew but I don't really enjoy working at the school very much. I'm just unsure if they offer me the job whether it is wise to accept it. I'm worried that if I don't accept it if they offer then I might not get a job but if I do accept it I'm there for at least another year. Im unsure what is best really. Also if they do offer the contract to me how long do I have to respond yes or no? A day, a week etc? Sorry it's a long whining question but it's really worrying me

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

If your contract allows you to complete induction then it will be to your benefit. Teacher contracts have set resignation dates so even if it is a year contract you can leave beforehand