1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT considering whether to do NQT accrediation masters- will i be able to cope?is it beneficial?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by kirasawyer, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am due to start my NQT the 1st September. I finished my PGCE gaining masters level credits- with distinction in one of two of my assignments so i have 40 of 60 credits needed for the first stage of an education masters. My tutor said i should really consider doing the NQT accreditation scheme. I have a few things to consider- i cant really afford the £655 fees but may see if my school will fund it (though it is an independent school so am unsure) and im not sure whether i will be able to cope with extra work. However it doesnt seem too bad- only 4 seminars to attend and a 4000 word essay in for september (so can do it over the holidays) and i assume will help meet some standards and my CEPD. I Would appreciate some advice from those who have done this scheme- is it alot of work? would you recommend doing it? is it beneficial? and anything else you can tell me about it would be good! Thanks

2. Hi
    I am due to start my NQT the 1st September. I finished my PGCE gaining masters level credits- with distinction in one of two of my assignments so i have 40 of 60 credits needed for the first stage of an education masters. My tutor said i should really consider doing the NQT accreditation scheme. I have a few things to consider- i cant really afford the £655 fees but may see if my school will fund it (though it is an independent school so am unsure) and im not sure whether i will be able to cope with extra work. However it doesnt seem too bad- only 4 seminars to attend and a 4000 word essay in for september (so can do it over the holidays) and i assume will help meet some standards and my CEPD. I Would appreciate some advice from those who have done this scheme- is it alot of work? would you recommend doing it? is it beneficial? and anything else you can tell me about it would be good! Thanks