1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT competion time scale

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by chumptrump, Jan 7, 2012.

1. This has probably been asked 100 times but I am still confused. Do you have to complete NQT is 5 years or not? I did my PGCE in Wales and am looking for work in Wales. Can anybody help? Working as a TA now as I can't get a teaching job even though everyone I've worked with over the years says Oh you are really good, why aren't you teaching yet? worried I am running out of time :(

2. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

In England at the moment there's no time limit. However I THINK there is a 5 year time limit in Wales. I'm not sure though.
    It's such a rubbish situation :(

3. darkness

darkness New commenter

I must say, I had a phone call recently and then needed clarification on this point and even they were confused. When I qualified the only time limit around was 5 years supply basically. It was always said you could start induction whenever you wanted as in no set time frame, but when you did start they recommend you finish it within 5 years. The induction was never 5 years from when you got QTS.

I wouldn't worry about any of it frankly. You cannot be failed on induction simply because you ran out of time. Just watch the supply limit, it appears they are watching like hawks in Wales. I would then just switch yourself to a cover supervisor. Better than nothing.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter