1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Certificate now GTC closed!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by elliedraws, Apr 19, 2012.

1. elliedraws

elliedraws New commenter

Hi
    I completed my NQT induction in December 2011 and have yet to receive my certificate. The GTC informed me I would receive it from them, but now they have closed! What do I do?
    Thanks

2. elliedraws

elliedraws New commenter

Hi
    I completed my NQT induction in December 2011 and have yet to receive my certificate. The GTC informed me I would receive it from them, but now they have closed! What do I do?
    Thanks

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

4. Certificates should have been issued direct to you by the GTCE. Check with the Teaching Agency (a section within the DfE) that you are fully registered as having passed induction. Indications are that they will no longer be issuing ceretificates.
    The Sage

5. CandysDog

CandysDog Occasional commenter

6. I rang the Teacher Agency and was told that because the GTC is no more they could not send me areplacement certificate. I did try and explain it wasn't a replacement as I had never received the orginal but they insist it was sent last October.
    They confirmed I had passed induction and that any school could check that but I did say schools like to photocopy the certificate.
    I sent an email and received a reply to say I would receive a replacement certificate!
    Clearly the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing (surprise surprise!)
    As yet nothing. Will keep you posted if and when a certificate arrives. i am going to give them until the end of May and then chase them again.
    It does seem odd that a lo of people who qualified last year don't seem to have received their certificates imho

7. I did get mine Bobby and I think I qualified at the same time as you. I think it did come around October or November. It all sounds very confusing though and is very unfair not to send you one if you never received it.