1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Cairo

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Jojosmile, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Sorry if this has been asked many times before but ... I am due to complete my PGCE in primary this summer do you think that any of the 'good' schools in Cairo would consider an application from me, or am I better getting my 3 years UK experience first before applying.
    Thanks

2. Sorry if this has been asked many times before but ... I am due to complete my PGCE in primary this summer do you think that any of the 'good' schools in Cairo would consider an application from me, or am I better getting my 3 years UK experience first before applying.
    Thanks

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Others on this forum know more regarding the employment situation in Cairo than I do, but my gut feeling would be that you may get lucky but it is unlikely that you would be that attractive a candidate to a good school. You simply don't have the experience.
    Of course, that is not the same thing as saying "don't apply"...
    Good luck!

4. Ha ha, that's funny! I work at one of the schools the OP is referring to and new teachers do find our kids lively, spoilt and as far as manners and discipline are concerned, very little back up from home.
    First years can be fraught with frustration but once the little monkeys/hyenas get used to you and you them, things get easier.
    Karvol is right too. Apply, you never know. Some see Cairo as a scary place at the moment. I'm not saying it isn't (yes, I am - it isn't), but not a lot of people are leaving because of the upcoming elections which could be quite fruity.
    Give it a go.
    ..still chuckling, you big doofus.

5. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Check your mail!

6. IAMBOG

IAMBOG New commenter

Thank goodness for weekend staff [​IMG]
    Thanks TES
    from Doofus [​IMG]

7. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Hello!!!!!!

8. OP was only interested in one of the 'good' schools, Alpha.... [​IMG]
    Ouch, what a cracking square hit in the danglies! [​IMG]

9. Sorry I have had internet problems, Alpha you have mail.

Thanks for all of your comments.