1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nqt assessment

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by daisyface35, May 5, 2011.

1. Hi, I posted on here a few weeks back saying I was at the end of my Tether but now I really am! My second assessment form got sent off just before Easter, and was much better than I anticipated . However, today I have been told that the lea have a few 'issues' with it. Until they are called tomorrow, I don't know what those issues are. I was just wondering if anyone had had their forms questioned and why? The box saying I am meeting the standards was ticked but can that be changed? I'm maybe worrying for nothing I don't know. One thing after another :-( daisy xx

2. Hi, I posted on here a few weeks back saying I was at the end of my Tether but now I really am! My second assessment form got sent off just before Easter, and was much better than I anticipated . However, today I have been told that the lea have a few 'issues' with it. Until they are called tomorrow, I don't know what those issues are. I was just wondering if anyone had had their forms questioned and why? The box saying I am meeting the standards was ticked but can that be changed? I'm maybe worrying for nothing I don't know. One thing after another :-( daisy xx

3. Were all the observations completed as they should ahve been (one per half term0? Was the form sent back on time (some LAs set deadlines)? Did you and the appropriate staff - mentor/head sign the form?
    It may be simp0le clerical issues - if the LA is disagreeing with the assessment - then they would have to state on what grounds they are doing that - e.g. have they observed you and do they disagree with the school's assessment?
    Does the LA require a portfolio - were you told if the LA has particular requirements to make the assessment more robust? Were they expecting to see a portfolio?
    To be honest, until the LA have spelled out what their concerns are then there is little you can do.
    James