1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT application question...

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by rugby_gal06, May 17, 2011.

1. I qualified last year and I have been on the hunt for a job ever since.
    I'm sure many of you are aware of the job situation and that there are a severe lack of jobs at the moment, resulting in up to 500 applications for one post! On the advice of some of you on here, I asked for feedback on a recent application, to be told by the school that the reason I was not shortlisted was because I am a supply teacher and this raises questions over my ability as I did not secure a post after qualifying. For the record, this is not because I am a bad teacher, I was graded outstanding on my final teaching practice, there were just very few jobs to apply for by the time I finished my course. I change my application everytime I write a new one to personalise it to the school. and person specification. I have gained extra experience through supply and yet I can still not secure a post or even an interview.
    Any advice on what I should do next?

2. I have sent you a message.