1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT application Help

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Jakez123, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Jakez123

Jakez123 New commenter

Hey, Not sure if this is the right place, but I thought i'll ask. I'm a NQT applying for a teaching position and the application is confusing me, So just wondering if there's any NQTs which can fill me in on what exactly I'm doing. The section I'm confused about is this section:

https://prnt.sc/rees7l

So it asks me what my salary was, but I wasn't paid as my teaching position was simply a teaching placement that I did as part of my PGCE. So I have a few questions:

1) Do I fill it in normally but just ignore the salary option etc.
    2) What is a spine point/TLR?
    3) For date to take up post I'm free anytime, what would I put as a date there?
    4) for the next section, section 3 I take it I can simply do the same but put my first placement instead of my second (most recent) teaching placement?

Thanks, hope it's in the right place.

2. Keep_hope_alive

Keep_hope_alive New commenter

1) Yes fill in normally ignore the salary- you can put N/A or 0 and (PGCE) in brackets if you want.

2) Spine point is the teacher pay scale- there are usually fixed pays based on the years you've been working M1-M5 and upper pay scale. However, doesnt always mean NQT will start on M1. TLR is teaching learning responsibilities which people would get paid more for e.g. you are a head of year 8 as well as teacher. So you can ignore this - put N/A which stands for non applicable.

3) You can put ASAP or even tomorrows date.

4) Yes exactly.

All the best with your application!

b7031475 likes this.