1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nqt - any help and advice for organisation !!

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Bigbear25, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Hello , I have my first teaching post in a year three class starting in September . I'm very excited and met the class and all the teachers ( who are all lovely) . I'm a little worried about my organisation and remembering everything .Could any one give me any advice about the first year and maybe any tips they wished they knew in their first year . Any help about what to do within the first few weeks generally would be a great help .

I'm in my training school at the moment which is only 3 classes big therefore I don't have a lot of teachers to talk to :) thank you :)

2. Monika001

Monika001 New commenter

Hi,
    I'm the same! I am starting my NQT year in September too and sometimes get scrambled egg head so I tend to write everything down. On my placements I was writing notes to myself all over the place but I am planning to get a notebook that I can carry with me and keep all my stuff in one place.
    In terms of the first few weeks, I met with my parallel class teacher yesterday and she said that during the first week or two don't plan to get much work done. It will mainly be arty 'My name is... and I am good at...' type activities for displays. But that might just be my school!

Good luck!

3. quietlydetermined

quietlydetermined New commenter

I always write myself notes on my class whiteboard - that way even if I forget someone in my class will remind me!