1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT anxiety

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by teachme19, Feb 23, 2019.

1. teachme19

teachme19 New commenter

in my previous post, I spoke about how i had passed term 1 of my NQT year despite having challenging classes but very supportive colleagues.
    I started term 2 feeling positive and ready to continue working and not worry so much about the behaviour challenges. Unfortunately after a few weeks back, I started experiencing anxiety and I had to seek medical advice. I was then signed off by my doctor for almost 3 weeks as I was not getting any better due to recurring symptoms. I was even advised by my doctor to think about a change of school environment or possibly doing part-time which I discussed with my HoD. Now during this time off, I have been thinking about taking a break from teaching and getting myself mentally back in state as this has affected my self-confidence. I have to return to work after the half-term and to be honest I am not very excited and I don’t know how to tell my school that I possibly want to quit, knowing that they have been supportive but I just feel it is not the right school for me anymore. Before I resign, I am worried about my absences in case I apply to a new school later and how this will come across although the situation was out of my control. At the moment I do not have a plan B, i.e what I am going to do once I quit. What are the possible jobs one can do once you have very little experience in teaching. Thank you in advance for your advice.