1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT and pay scale?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by henryoakley, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hi, I was an NQT, I had a contact for a full year but became seriously ill in the last term and missed just over 30 days. I'm better now and my NQT year was extended for another term so that I could complete it, starting whenever I start my next perm position (I'm supplying at the moment, while I find something.)

So, I completed and was paid for a full year at MPS1. When I start a new role, will I move onto MPS2, or will I stay at MPS1 until I have redone the last term of my NQT year?

If I do stay on MPS1, will this just be until I complete the NQT extension and then I'd move sight on MPS2, or will I be stuck on MPS1 for the whole year?

Anyone any info on this?

Thanks

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

You move up the pay scale if you worked 26 weeks in the last school year (no matter what hours this was). I believe (although could be wrong) you only move payscales in Sept x

3. I got my first job in November 2009 but started my NQT induction in the January and stayed at the school until the end of the summer term. At the end of last term I completed my NQT induction year in my new school. To clarify, does this mean I wont go up to M2 until September?

4. Hi
    If you started on M1 in Novemebr 2009 (technically you should have started induction then as well, but never mind that now as induction is complete) then you should have moved to M2 in September 2010. If this did not happen then you should contact your payroll (HR) department and they should backdate your increase to last September.
    James