1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT and MPS?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by henryoakley, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hi, I was an NQT, I had a contact for a full year but became seriously ill in the last term and missed just over 30 days. I'm better now and my NQT year was extended for another term so that I could complete it, starting whenever I start my next perm position (I'm supplying at the moment, while I find something.) So, I completed and was paid for a full year at MPS1. When I start a new role, will I move onto MPS2, or will I stay at MPS1 until I have redone the last term of my NQT year? If I do stay on MPS1, will this just be until I complete the NQT extension and then I'd move sight on MPS2, or will I be stuck on MPS1 for the whole year? Anyone any info on this? Thanks

2. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

The fact you missed days due to illness is irrelevent, you were employed for a full year, so you will move onto MPS2 when you start another suitable job. Passing your NQT year has no impact on pay, in fact someone on a tiny contract, e.g. a 0.15 could reach MPS6 before completing their induction year.

I suggest that you read the information on www.tesfaq.co.uk it may help you understand your rights/obligations better and be better informed about your employment!