1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT and coronavirus

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by perryrc1, Mar 19, 2020.

1. perryrc1

perryrc1 New commenter

Hi, I am just wondering what is going to happen to NQT's and their induction period during the coronavirus and school closures. I have passed my phase one but my NQT manager has requested an extension for my phase 2 due to the coronavirus and student/staff absences. I am just wondering has anyone had any details on what is going to happen to us?

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

It's one of the many questions for which we are still awaiting DfE answers.

3. surfblue33

surfblue33 New commenter

I'm in my last term of my NQT year and should have finished in May. I'm wondering too. I think we will have to be patient as nobody really knows what's going to happen next. I'm guessing that if our Y11's and Y13's are having their GCSE and A level grades based on past performance etc. then it might be possible for us NQT's too.

4. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

They are moving all new NQTs to the ECF framework. So you will either get a blanket pass or they will put you all on year two of the ECF. Which isn’t as bad as it sounds. 95% timetable and mandatory investment in your CPD.

5. damcc1820

damcc1820 New commenter

Has this been confirmed?

6. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

We are going off interviews with Gavin Williamson so that’s what he says, but it is a fast moving picture. Don’t think schools will be at full operation in September. There is 18-24 months of chaos to come. Possibly longer with the recession. Accept a moving picture. You might not have GCSEs or A level exams for 2-3 years.

7. BenjyD

BenjyD New commenter

Here's an update for you.
    The department has issued an announcement to stakeholders regarding the impact of COVID-19 on NQT induction – https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...vid-19-induction-for-newly-qualified-teachers Please refer to this page moving forward as the department will provide updates and guidance directly to this site. We recommend returning to this page regularly to view additional information the department will release. Please also share this link with schools, NQTs and other relevant persons associated with your appropriate body.

Timetoshine likes this.