1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT and breakdown

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by na87, May 18, 2012.

1. Hi I am a NQT and I have also got QTS. I passed my PGCE with a overall good grade in 2011 and was very eager to begin work I signed up to several agencies and was awaiting for my CRB check to come through as well as references. Due to ongoing domestic abuse that I was subjected to by my ex partner I had a break down in January 2012. I was assessed by psychiatrist and given the all clear that I was of sound mind and felt low due to my ex persistently hurting me. He had regular contact with me because we have a child together unfortunately my daughter had become aware of the domestic abuse and social workers had to get involved. The social workers put my daughter on the child protection list because her father is a very volatile person however despite this he has a good relationship with his daughter and does not pose a direct threat to her and they are currently giving him resources so that he can resolve his anger problems and resume regular contact with his daughter. I was referred to the position of trust team for this is a standard procedure that any professional who's child is involved in child protection proceedings . The Position of trust team aknowledged that I was not the perpertartor but the victim in this however felt that I needed to engage in domestic abuse councilling in order to understand the effects of domestic abuse and so that as a professional I would be able to help others in the same situation. They informed the agencies that I had registered with about what had happened and as a result all the agencies I signed up with have not given me any work at all despite the fact my references and crb checks came through. I would like to add that during my teacher training my sister died of swine flu, and I had to have an abortion shortly after her death due to what my ex had did to me. I worked very hard to get my teaching training completed despite all the things that had happened . I genuinely feel that my career has been jeopardised as I have not had any work for almost a whole academic year and this is largely due to the agencies percieving me as a liabilty .Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

2. Hi I am a NQT and I have also got QTS. I passed my PGCE with a overall good grade in 2011 and was very eager to begin work I signed up to several agencies and was awaiting for my CRB check to come through as well as references. Due to ongoing domestic abuse that I was subjected to by my ex partner I had a break down in January 2012. I was assessed by psychiatrist and given the all clear that I was of sound mind and felt low due to my ex persistently hurting me. He had regular contact with me because we have a child together unfortunately my daughter had become aware of the domestic abuse and social workers had to get involved. The social workers put my daughter on the child protection list because her father is a very volatile person however despite this he has a good relationship with his daughter and does not pose a direct threat to her and they are currently giving him resources so that he can resolve his anger problems and resume regular contact with his daughter. I was referred to the position of trust team for this is a standard procedure that any professional who's child is involved in child protection proceedings . The Position of trust team aknowledged that I was not the perpertartor but the victim in this however felt that I needed to engage in domestic abuse councilling in order to understand the effects of domestic abuse and so that as a professional I would be able to help others in the same situation. They informed the agencies that I had registered with about what had happened and as a result all the agencies I signed up with have not given me any work at all despite the fact my references and crb checks came through. I would like to add that during my teacher training my sister died of swine flu, and I had to have an abortion shortly after her death due to what my ex had did to me. I worked very hard to get my teaching training completed despite all the things that had happened . I genuinely feel that my career has been jeopardised as I have not had any work for almost a whole academic year and this is largely due to the agencies percieving me as a liabilty .Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there, na87.
    I am really sorry to hear about your difficult sitaution, and think that you have been very brave to live through all that so very well.
    This is not a question for JobSeekers, as we are about making applications. Perhaps the career Clinic, or even Personal, could get you better advice. I suggest that you post this on those two.
    Kindest regards

4. Hi yes sorry havent used these forums that much hence posting this in the wrong forum. Will try and have it removed.