1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nqt Advice

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by gongzilla, Apr 5, 2020.

1. gongzilla

gongzilla New commenter

Hi All,

I negotiated to leave the school I was working in at the end of the second term. I passed the first term. However, the Department was in a mess, with the HOD and and New HOF disagreeing over schemes of work with one telling me that I should teaching a new scheme and the other telling me different. This effected my performance along with the dreadful behaviour of a large number of students across the school.

The Headteacher said that I did not have to complete the 2nd term assessment and that I could do my second and third terms in another school.

Just checking whether this sounds right to most people on here.

2. Penguin47

Penguin47 New commenter

I'm fairly certain that it's common for NQT's to transfer and complete their terms in other schools.

3. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Plenty of people complete their NQT in different schools. There is only one time when you can pass or fail, and that is at the end of the year. Anything before that is guidance on how you are doing.

4. gongzilla

gongzilla New commenter

Thanks guys