1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT + 1 yr supply.

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by yelsel2991, Jul 2, 2015.

1. I started supplying this academic year after finishing my training (3 yr BA) as I had to unexpectedly move away from where I trained. I applied for a few jobs, but was unsuccessful, it's a competitive market where I live. I've since decided to continue supplying and become more proactive on the job hunt in the coming academic year, with a possibility of relocating.

I was happy with my decision until a friend of mine who's just finished her training asked if schools would look on over a year's supply as an NQT unfavourably. I brushed it off, but have since been losing quite a lot of sleep over it, worrying I've missed the opportunity to ever complete my induction.

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

2. John_in_Luton

John_in_Luton Occasional commenter

Depends where you are. If in the north or west, there are few jobs so it's perfectly normal and wouldn't raise eyebrows.

3. Don't be too worried. many do a long term supply stint then get a full time job. As John says, it really does depend on where you are in the country.

James