1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT +1 Pay Question

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Juliet6079, May 31, 2019.

1. Juliet6079

Juliet6079 New commenter

Just a quick question that I'm struggling to find the answer too. (And I'm way too awkward to ask my school about it!)

I know moving up the main pay scale is based on performance management, but as an NQT I obviously haven't gone through the performance management process. Will I move up on the pay scale next academic year? (Oct/Nov 2019) or will I not progress up the scale until I am NQT+2?

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Read your schools pay policy it should be in there. Also I would have thought passing your standards for your NQT year would be like performance management.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Your school should have their own published pay scale, with a policy that tells you all you need to know.
    If you can't find it on your school's intranet (or cloud, or whatever it's called these days) then ask the person who deals with payroll...probably an office manager or some such.

4. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

On the assumption that you are staying at the same school that you (successfully) completed your NQT year, and also assuming that your school basically does things the same as 95% of the others, then you can expect to move to M2 in September.

(You won’t actually see it until nov/dec pay day though, when it will appear and be back-dated to the beginning of the term.)

Juliet6079 likes this.
  5. Juliet6079

Juliet6079 New commenter

Thanks everyone :)